Saturday 8 December 2012

Iberian Command Stands

Finally, I have managed to do a little bit of work towards my Ancient Spanish:
These are the first of a whole load of the old (now defunct) Companion Miniatures figs.
They will serve as a couple of infantry command stands.
They are nicely animated, and there is a really wide range of figures for this army.
Transfers are by Little Big Men.
A top-down view of the basing, to finish off.  I have really enjoyed painting these guys, perhaps because they make such a change from Romans and Hoplites.  It's probably just as well, because this is going to be a big army.  There will be four units of 48 Scutarii, and that's just for starters.  Once I'm done, I've promised to let several people know about whatever I have left over.  These figures are rare...

10 comments:

  1. Those are looking very good. I like the look of those understated tunics matched with beautifully detailed shields.

    Should be a cracking army when it's done!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aaron, that's kind of the effect I wanted. I'm shamelessly going to copy James Roach and others and mix in some off-whites and maybe a few other basic colours as well for some variation. That should keep me busy for a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Simon, I thought you might be interested in how these look...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent command stands Paul. Such a pity Companion are no longer available, though I do have a few units in the lead pile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent looking Commands Paul. Definitely getting a look there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great looking figures and beautifully painted! I just today ordered a pile of Scutarii from Relic for my Punic army!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for looking, guys, Hendrid's comment is spot on - I really wanted to get a totally different look to these figs. The Relic figures are really nice, from what I've seen of them on The Miniatures Page, and it would be good to see if they can have them distributed on this side of the Atlantic. Having said that, after sourcing the Companion Miniatures, I have more than enough to do for the next couple of years at least...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely command stands! The figures are excellent painted and based! I also like those shield transfers!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete