Thursday 1 September 2011

Parthians for Willie

These guys have just been finished.  They are mostly Navigator Miniatures with some extras thrown in.  I found the two-part riders difficult at first, especially the placing of the legs.  Many of the horses' heads are thrown quite far back, and I found with practice that the legs of the men need to be glued on quite far behind so that enough space is left for their torsos.  Hence the use of a couple of other horses and a Warrior Miniatures rider - I did quite a lot of damage before I got it right!
The good thing about the two-part riders is that it gives some variation in the poses without being as fiddly as fully multi-part figures.  Once you get it right, of course!
I went for bright colours but not quite so much decoration as for the aristocracy.  After all, these are meant to be the main basic troops of the army.
I also used my usual basing mix, with some heavier extra bits and stuff.
I posed the figures in different ways, so as to represent the look of swirling light horse.
The final one is my attempt at an action shot. 

3 comments:

  1. Lots of action there and I do like a Parthian Shot from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paul, that was quick. Good luck with the Pen & Sword book, by the way. It's always good to see someone getting more publication.

    Cheers
    Other Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parthian shot...? I´ve never thought of it before but I wonder is that´s where the saying Parting shot comes from??
    Nice looking minis
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete